cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AN2606 (internal bootloader) documentation errors

Posted on August 09, 2016 at 19:19

These are minor errors, but it'd a pity to have them nevertheless, once spotted.

• Table 1. Applicable products - missing part numbers altogether for L1, F1 and F2
  • Table 3. Embedded bootloaders - for F0, in Device column, ''STM32F030xx4/6'' with Bootloader ID should presumably read STM32F03xx4/6

JW

5 REPLIES 5
re.wolff9
Senior
Posted on August 10, 2016 at 09:47

Oh, and there is probably also still the ''defect'' of the bootloader resetting the clock trim to zero instead of to ''reset value'' 0x10. And at one point in time the F042 was clearly documented not to have USB bootloading, but it does. (With the datasheet/reference manual pointing to AN2606 for ''what does your bootloader support?'', it is very important to have AN2606 updated quickly!). 

Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on August 11, 2016 at 12:51

Hi JW,

Thanks for highlighting the issue, it is reported internally and will be corrected soon.

-Syrine-

Posted on October 17, 2016 at 12:27

Hi wolff.roger,

Can you please clarify your comments about the F042 device on AN2606 Doc?

What's wrong with it ?

Regards,

-Heisenberg-

Posted on October 17, 2016 at 16:58

He discussed it in previous threads, but my recollection is that the loader blind writes to a register blowing away the current setting, and adjusting the clock, rather than using the factory trim factor.

I'd dig into the forum, but the software doesn't let me view someones threads/posts via their avatar/homepage like every other  platform.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..