cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F411 - What is ''Batch Acquisition Mode''?

Posted on December 08, 2014 at 14:18

''Batch Acquisition Mode'' mentioned for the new STM32F411:

http://www.st.com/web/en/press/en/p3580

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/mmc/FM141/SC1169/SS1577/LN1877

OK I understand the marketing droids need to buzz. But I assumed there must be something behind it. Downloaded RM0383, and there's not a single mention of ''batch'' there.

Anybody knows more?

Thanks,

JW

#batch-acquisition #stm32f411 #batch-acquisition-mode
11 REPLIES 11
Posted on December 08, 2014 at 20:20

Ah, I missed that (and google missed it too 😉 ).

Thanks, and sorry for the noise.

Jan
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on December 09, 2014 at 10:47

Hi Jan & Chris,

I'll keep you informed as soon as I have more details on the AN4515 or may be some slides regarding the Batch mode. Please be patient 🙂

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on December 09, 2014 at 11:18

Thanks.

What puzzles me is, why a feature which makes the headlines did not appear in the respective User Manual...?

Jan

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on December 09, 2014 at 13:51

What puzzles me is, why a feature which makes the headlines did not appear in the respective User Manual...?

Because there will be a dedicated application note explaining it, so to avoid redundancy (AN/RM).

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on December 09, 2014 at 14:45

The reference manual should sufficiently describe the hardware, an application note augments that with a practical demonstration.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on December 09, 2014 at 21:31

> The reference manual should sufficiently describe the hardware, an application note augments that with a practical demonstration.

+1

It is a wrong wrong wrong practice to rely on AN for description of any real functionality.

Whoever made this decision is incompetent - and you may cite me.

The Reference (sic!) Manual ought to be the ultimative information source for logic functionality, and the datasheet for the electrical parameters. Whatever functionality is not described in RM, ought to be considered undocumented and for all practical purposes nonexistent. ANs ought to clarify and give practical examples for particular application areas (hence the name).

Jan Waclawek

klih
Associate II
Posted on January 07, 2015 at 08:19

Hello Mayla

are there any news on this topic?

Greetigns Pascal

klih
Associate II
Posted on January 09, 2015 at 10:29

Is there at least a coarse date when we can expect this? I find it quite disappointing. You reference to this application note in the data sheet and you advertise the STM32F411 with this mode, yet there is no information about this at all. 

Are there at least some preliminary documents we could look in to?