cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DfuSe Demo v3.0.1

tony239955
Associate II
Posted on November 26, 2011 at 02:03

I am trying to use my new stm32f4-discovery board with the above DfuSe boot-loader. This loader worked OK with a previous ST ARM device the STM32F103. It now only seems to program a few hundred bytes of the pre-compiled applications (.dfu files). If I upload the data back, I can see the software title and a few more bytes as shown in this text output from the basic application:

DfuSe&&sharp1;&&sharp29;&&sharp1;&&sharp1;Target&&sharp1;Internal Flash  07_DBManta_Discovery_KitFIRMWAREProjectDemonstrationBinarySTM32F4-Discovery_Demonstration_V1.0.0.dfu!&&sharp17;?�&&sharp4;&&sharp26;&&sharp1;UFD&&sharp16;4*�A

If I try and load the audio application I get this:

DfuSe&&sharp1;&&sharp29;&&sharp1;&&sharp1;Target&&sharp1;Internal Flash  07_DBManta_Discovery_KitFIRMWAREProjectAudio_playback_and_recordBinarySTM32F4-Discovery_Audio_IntFLASH.dfu!&&sharp17;?�&&sharp4;&&sharp26;&&sharp1;UFD&&sharp16;J♯?m

Can anyone tell me what might be stopping the full download? The loader says it has been successful and verified OK.

Tony

#bootloader-rom #stm32f4-discovery #dfuse-dfu-usb-winxp-win7
3 REPLIES 3
tony239955
Associate II
Posted on November 27, 2011 at 15:56

Answering my own post:

The problem is not understood, but now fixed. I hadn't realised that the Discovery

board is even better value for money in that it has an embedded ST-link

interface (you normally have to buy a separate dongle). I was trying to use the

ST .dfu file load tool which I have used before with the STM32F103, which should

have worked according to the documentation but didn't. So I downloaded the STM32

ST-LINK utility from ST, and once I had the correct ST link usb driver installed, I

was able to connect to the board with the mini usb socket and download the pre-compiled audio

application.

Tony

antti23
Associate II
Posted on February 26, 2012 at 16:41

DFU mode actually works but we have not been able to use the DFUdemo either, but.. the DFUtester was able to flash the DFU file and it worked well.

Antti

marcoandarcia9
Associate II
Posted on April 11, 2012 at 00:49

Hi, I am trying to program my STM32 Discovery board using DFUse. And I would like to know what's the procedure to do so. I am having troubles trying to download files to my board. All I know is that I need to set the Boot0 pin high, to enter to bootloading mode, but after that I am lost. Also if you could attach a file of your DFUse file, I think mine is missing some drivers. 

Thanks. 

Marco