cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hal bug using rtos

Posted on August 05, 2014 at 12:50

I imported an example with  RTOS (FatFs_uSD_RTOS) and I found some bug. In function HAL_Init() is called HAL_SYSTICK_Config()  but  SysTick_Handler()  call xPortSysTickHandler() before osKernelStart() so we have an HardFault_Handler.

The systick is configured also in function HAL_RCC_ClockConfig called by SystemClock_Config always before  osKernelStart().  

In addition the function  HAL_IncTick() is not called in SysTick_Handler() and due the priority level is not possible add this funcion,

#hal-rtos-bug
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on August 05, 2014 at 13:30

Seem to recall this being brought up as an issue/bug in the forum where CUBE/HAL issues are normally discussed.

[DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Java/AllItems.aspx]https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Java/AllItems.aspx

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on August 05, 2014 at 14:28

Sorry you are right, dscussion aready present. My fault.

By the way the SD driver works with sd card up to 4GB. If I use a 8G, the program formats the SD in  4Gb Fat32.  

Posted on August 05, 2014 at 16:50

ST has a long history of broken SDIO libraries, it has a lot to do them using byte offset addressing for things which are inherently block addressed. A ''4GB'' cards is around 3.95GB in the 32-bit number space, larger cards need 64-bit byte addressing.

Someone reported an issue with the capacity computation needing 64-bit casting.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..