cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32100E-EVAL - Could not get External SRAM working!

bond
Associate
Posted on December 02, 2011 at 07:54

Hello,

This is my first post here and fairly new to STM I recently purchased the STM32100E-EVAL board for learning more about HD VL devices. But my first step with the board itself is not working!

I tried an LED blink and it worked fine. Then I jumped into trying out the external SRAM and it doesnt seem to work. I am using Atollic and downloaded the

''STM32F10x_StdPeriph_Lib_V3.5.0''. Inside this directory there was something called

''FSMC SRAM DataMemory example''

. I tried the steps mentioned but it is not working. In the examples' documentation, ST says that it has been tested on STM32100E-EVAL. I seriously doubt the startup code and linker script.

Few descipencies that I have noted with the startup code and linker script are :

1) In the start up code, it looks like they have copied all the data to the so called ExtSRAM before even initialising the FSMC interface. (How can this work?? or did i read it wrong because of my poor knowledge in ASM)

2) The linker script, that the example provides, is for XL devices with 1MB flash and 96K RAM. (How can this work for my board? Should I edit it? If so, it should have been mentioned in the examples document!).

Please let me know how can I get the external SRAM mounted on the board working. Awaiting your valuable replies. Thanks in advance.

BEAMer

0 REPLIES 0