cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emWin and CubeMX 4.14

Sammalisto.Pauli
Associate II
Posted on April 26, 2016 at 21:56

I am trying to create an STemWin application for STM32F429 discovery.  I have an old application, handmade from some old CubeMX.  It is working fine.  Now I created a new basic project with CubeMX 4.14, I only selected Discovery STM32F429 and defined clocks.  I imported it to System workbench and build, all ok.  Then I copied the emWin files from the old project.  When trying to build, I got a lot errors.  Most concerned unknown references to HAL_StatusTypeDef and HAL_LockTypeDef.  In stm32f4xx_hal_conf.h all was ok.  Did not help, eventhough I included stm32f4xx_hal_conf.h directly to the file concerning.  The only way I could build the project was to make a new file and put those definitons there.  Now I could build, but the application hangs in GUI_Init, in Default_Handler.  I copied all code from the beginning to GUI_Init from the old project, but no help, it never reached LCD_LL_Init.  The problem is deeper, where, I cannot say and I have unfortunately not enough knowledge to start digging.

STemWin should be CubeMX compatible, but I am not so sure.

Has anybody succeeded to combine STemWin and CubeMX code.

#stemwin #cubemx
1 REPLY 1
er3481
Associate III
Posted on April 27, 2016 at 14:30

I have the same problems about this subject. I have created an ltdc project with cubemx and when i copied the stemwin gui library the compiler gives errors like that ''no definition for GUI_Init()''.