Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32l beginner questions

luc2
Associate
Posted on December 16, 2011 at 16:33

Hello,

I've recently bought a stm32l-discovery board and I want to start developing for the onboad processor. I  have some previous experience with 8bit atmel microcontrollers but not with (32bit) ARM processors.

I would like to start extremely simple, just some I/O port code to understand the basics. (32bit version of PORTD |= 0x01 etc.).

Does anybody know any (good) tutorial so that I can learn these most basics of basics?

I'm using IAR EWARM 6.30.

Thanks in advance, 

Luc

#beginner #tutorial
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on December 16, 2011 at 16:55

Try looking in the examples folder, which your version of IAR presumably holds

\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 5.4 Kickstart\arm\examples\ST\STM32L1xx\STM32L1xx_StdPeriph_Lib\Project\STM32L1xx_StdPeriph_Examples

The examples for the STM32F1xx are also worth looking over, although the pin configuration is a bit different.

For a good introduction to the Cortex-M3, I'd strongly recommend taking a look at Joseph Yiu's Definitive Guide

http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-ARM-Cortex-M3-Second/dp/185617963X/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

A through reading of the ST and ARM manuals is also strongly recommended, and would generally view it as a prerequisite to taking on a new architecture.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
luc2
Associate
Posted on December 19, 2011 at 08:55

Found the examples, will try to understand them.

I'll see if I can order the book asap

Thank you for the reply