cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 USB Demo-Lib V2.2 for Keil/SW4STM32??

flyer31
Senior
Posted on February 14, 2016 at 14:56

Hi,

I just recognized, that in Nov. 2015 you published a VERY nice new summary of your USB applications for USB for STM32F4 (STM32_USB-Host-Device_Lib_V2.2.0).

Including a composite example USB_Device_Examples/MSC_HID_Composite. I think this is very interesting for all people who dream of high-speed USB data transfer from Embedded to PC and possibly even JAVA without driver headaches (which unfortunately in case of Java multi-system support seem to be severe ...).

In the Release Notes it says: ''O

nly EWARM projects are provided in this version, MDK-ARM and

System Workbench for STM32 (SW4STM32) toolchains will be supported in next release.''. Just one severe problem: This release is from Nov. 2015 and the last release before was from 2012 ... do you plan another 3 years to support MDK-ARM and/or SW4STM32?

What is the problem? Do you use some internal USB code lib of EWARM - could you tell me the typical BIN size for these projects (would it be possible to do it with the 32kB code limit of the EWARM kickstart version?).

PS: Thank you VERY MUCH to support now SW4STM32 with Eclipse/GNUCC - this really is VERY good news ... removing some headaches and opening a bright view into an ''Eclipse-generalized future'' for all people how have to program in Controllers, JAVA, AND PC C++.... .

PPS: Also thank you very much that you further seem to support such ''low level programming demos''. The STM32Cube system might be very impressive in handling all chips in one environment, but it is a bit disappointing if a simple USB CDC demo compiles to 20-30kB BIN file size, whereas the ''STM_USB-FS-Device_Lib_V3.3.0'' does the same with only 6kB ... especially for low energy / lower ROM devices (as possibly also your new STM32L4... - although I must admit these have impressingly much ROM...) this would be very interesting... .

3 REPLIES 3
flyer31
Senior
Posted on February 14, 2016 at 16:33

PS: Is it possible to get the previous USB-Host-Device Lib V2.1.0 from 2012 anywhere (I hope this works with MDK-ARM/ Keil?).

... unfortunately on my hard disk I only find the 2011 version V2.0.0 (happy to have this, but this has some bugs still ...).

Posted on February 14, 2016 at 18:59

This is my mirror of v2.1.0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7OY5pub_GfIZmtvTFNLemZ4UFU

I'd suspect the IAR thing just relates to processor support, or options in the project, or #pragma related to RAM code or structure alignment. Current Keil might be an issue because everyone was pushed to HAL. I'd imagine the 2.2 projects could be beaten into shape with a couple of hours work.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
flyer31
Senior
Posted on February 15, 2016 at 06:50

Thank you very much, this is great!

Meanwhile I also downloaded the STM32CUBEF4... there I find also quite a bit demos for the new SW4STM32, this looks alos nice (just 300MB instead of 3MB for the old USB-only download 🙂 - but it looks very complete). This contains also the SW4STM32 Templates for the simpler projects, this is fine for me for testing the SW4STM32 option... .