cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flash loader via i2c?

flyer31
Senior
Posted on October 30, 2015 at 19:46

Hi, I would like to use I2C3 interface to load the flash program to STM32F411 chip.

As I understand the ANs, this should work according to AN2606 and AN4221 either in system boot mode, or if I jump to system boot from my firmware (or if I write my own boot loader).

Just concerning the programmer side / PC side, there seems to be only a ''Flash loader demonstrator'' software available for UART, but not for I2C. Has anybody some hint how to get this running in some ''easy'' way for I2C? Or does STM expect me to write my own PC software for the I2C flash programming?
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on October 30, 2015 at 20:01

Contrary to UART, PC-to-I2C interfaces are rare. This bootloader is intended for loading an STM32 from an other microcontroller.

JW
flyer31
Senior
Posted on November 01, 2015 at 12:52

Would it be difficult to write a small software e. g. for STM32F4 Discovery, so that I then can use the UART Flash Demonstrator software to program my devices via I2C?

So the STM32F4 Discovery would be connected to PC via RS232 (or USB?) and then the Discovery would be connected to the ''device to program'' by II2?

Sorry if this question sounds a bit stupid, but perhaps somebody who has some experience with this programming stuff can answer this answer quite straight forward? - I think precondition would be, that the I2C and the UART programming interface are quite ''compatible''?