cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG suitable for 200-500kBit/sec file transfer?

flyer31
Senior
Posted on February 19, 2016 at 08:52

Hi,

your BlueNRG-MS examples look very powerful - supporting Chat? So I would assume that it is possible to get a datarate in the range 20kHz * 16 Bit, so about 40kByte/sec or 300kBit/sec - is this true?

Does this work only from BlueNRG to BlueNRG, or does this work also, if I connect the BlueNRG-MS to an Android smartphone, e. g. Samsung Galaxy 5/6? Is there some simple Android example code (best in Java) to show/test this chat functionality? Could this also be applied to transfer of smaller/medium sized files (up to e. g. 100kByte)?

Does the BlueNRG DK sample code contain any ''hidden code'' / Lib inclusion, or is this complete c code (unfortunately this shows only IAR-EWARM projects, but I work with Keil-ARM-MDK). Is there anywhere some info, how to setup the projects in another IDE (at least a list showing the source files necessary for each project?).

1 REPLY 1
flyer31
Senior
Posted on February 19, 2016 at 09:19

I found now the X-CUBE-BLE1 demo kit - this looks generally nice for my testing things ... happy that there is no ''closed lib'' inside, but all source code free available.

But the two following questions remain:

- This ''SampleAppThT'' example, to test the throughput from BlueNRG to BlueNRG - would this work from BlueNRG to Android smartphone? Do you have a simple Android sample code for such a Throughput test with larger data packets or files?

- What is your estimation of the maximum Throughput under optimum conditions - can it go to the range 200-500kBit/sec?

... and I hope this sample code also works for the new BlueNRG-MS / the X-Nucleo-IDB05? This is specified on the download page and readme.txt, but in the drivers folder I only find Drivers/BSP/X-Nucleo-IDB04A1  (no subfolder for IDB05...) ...but I hope this code uses only basic HCI commands which are available on moth IDB04 and IDB05?