beammeup
Associate II
Posted on October 11, 2009 at 06:00

Custom HID data transfer

12 REPLIES 12
beammeup
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:40

I have solved the problem some time ago. It seems that in order to make the demo hid app work, the data size sent at once must be equal to the maximum data size in given raport.

Now, everything is working fine. Max packet size is set to 64, amount of data in the report descriptor to 63 and at once I am sending 64 bytes of data (report number + data).

beammeup
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:40

I am working on a USB HID Demonstrator.

I am trying to transfer more data at once in one transaction using the ADC no.7 report. I've modified the CustomHID_ReportDescriptor and CUSTOMHID_SIZ_REPORT_DESC accordingly. I ve also modified the wMaxPacketSize value in the endpoints descriptors. Unfortunately, when I try so send more data than 2 bytes using and set SetEPTxCount with argumenr bigger than 2, the transmission just stops and I can't see any changes in the demo application.

Is there anything that I should change in order to solve this problem?

Regards

LM

16-32micros
Associate III
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:41

Hi,

Happy to see that you have solved your query easily 🙂 Enjoy it :o

Cheers,

STOne-32.

abuchholz9
Associate

Quote:

On 13-08-2008 at 10:37, Anonymous wrote:

I have solved the problem some time ago. It seems that in order to make the demo hid app work, the data size sent at once must be equal to the maximum data size in given raport.

Now, everything is working fine. Max packet size is set to 64, amount of data in the report descriptor to 63 and at once I am sending 64 bytes of data (report number + data).

Hi, i have problems to implement the 63+1 byte communication. Could you post - or email me - your descriptor?

thanks.

beammeup
Associate II

I will mail you a last working solution i have(post is pretty old). It sends 64 bytes of data per packet. Just give me your e-mail adress.

regards

Lukas

abuchholz9
Associate

Quote:

On 25-03-2009 at 15:39, Anonymous wrote:

I will mail you a last working solution i have(post is pretty old). It sends 64 bytes of data per packet. Just give me your e-mail adress.

regards

Lukas

a_buchholz@gmx.de

thank you very much..

🙂

mcp
Associate II

Hi

May I ask for this firmware too please.

Thank you

bluscape@gmail.com

lucaontheweb
Associate II

Hi guys,

Could someone please email me that descriptor code too, I am experiencing problems with the HID Demonstrator software when increasing the packet sizes of the end points above 2bytes.

lucaontheweb@hotmail.com

[ This message was edited by: lucauwf on 07-05-2009 11:16 ]

beammeup
Associate II

I have sent you guys the files. I think those should work... But I was messing with shis stuff some time ago, so you can never be shure. Also Alexander wrote to me that he had some problems with it. I dont know if he managed to make it work finally. Hope you will try and post the solution here.

reagrds

Lukasz Mosdorf