cheryl_fong82
Associate II
Posted on November 14, 2008 at 09:38

Failed to install driver for STM device in DFU mode

4 REPLIES 4
cheryl_fong82
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:54

Hi, i'm trying out the DFU example for STR9. I'm using the MCBSTR9 eval board. When I plugged the board to my PC via USB, the device can be detected as STR91x-DFU. However when I try to install the driver, there is problem installing the hardware. The error I get was the device cannot start (code 10). Can anyone advise me what is wrong? Thanks :D

daniel8
Associate II

Did you find a solution to your problem? I get the same issue - When the driver is installed, the application will hang after the usb is initialized.

(and the windows end gives the device cannot start code 10 error).

Thanks

cheryl_fong82
Associate II

There seem to be incompatibility issue between the old DFU codes and the new DfuSe driver. ST have recently released a beta version of DFU codes for STR9, I've attached it here. It works fine for me :-] However, I'm still unable to do bank switching. Can't seem to get the application code running from bank 1 after I've upgraded the firmware using the DfuSe tool :-[

milton
Associate II

Hi ! This DfUse application comes with a button to Enter DFU mode/ HID detach and leave DFU mode. Does anyone have a example of a HID firmware with DFU support, I mean a HID/DFU compliant device?