Associate II
Posted on August 15, 2008 at 18:44

ST Technical note TN0067 query

4 REPLIES 4
george1
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:41

The ST technical note TN0067 and my IAR Workbench for ARM 5.2 IDE

both 'indicate' I should update my STM32F103R6T6 Issue B processor, to an Issue Z version, on my prototype PCB. I have requested a 'free' Issue Z replacement part, as suggested.

Can you advise the reasons for this advice.

I prefer to use the newer IAR Workbench for ARM 5.2 IDE because it appears to support the SWD debug interface better.

Will the STM32F103R6T6 Issue B processors I have already purchased for production PCB's give problems?

Will all future stock of STM32F103R6T6 processors now purchased from distribution be issue Z?

peterwrigley9
Associate II

Hi George,

It shouldn't make any real difference. Just make sure to read the latest errata document so your code can compensate for any unusual behaviour in the rev B chips.

IAR prefer when a support issue is raised that the customer is using the latest toolchain and silicon as that is what their support staff use, so the problem can be re-created more easily.

As to distribution revision, it depends on the distributor. Your best bet is to call one of the FAEs and confirm silicon revision before the order is placed (and yes, I am a distribution FAE).

Cheers

Peter

lanchon
Associate II

it'd be convenient if the sample service carried high density devices again...

16-32micros
Associate III

Hi George, peter,

Looking at the Technical Note you should ask to replace either B & Z by Silicon revision ''Y'' and you can use our Free Samples service, then rework you IAR starter Kit, This can be done very easily with a suitable rework-station.

Cheers,

STOne-32.