cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery-F3, Dedicated Forum?

kornak
Associate II
Posted on November 08, 2012 at 15:51

I see that there are dedicated forums for some of the STM32 Discovery boards, such as the Discovery-F4.

Will there be a dedicated forum for the Discovery-F3?

The dedicated forums are a little hard to find because they aren't listed in the Public Forums list on the right side of the my.st.com>STe2eCommunities web page.  I came across them in Google.  The dedicated forums I found are listed below.

Thanks!

Scot

STM32F4 Evaluation Board

This public forum is dealing with the �STM32F4 Discovery� Evaluation board.

https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32F4DISCOVERY/AllItems.aspx

STM32VL Evaluation Board

This public forum is dealing with the �STM32VL Discovery� Evaluation board.

https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32VLDISCOVERY/AllItems.aspx

STM32L Evaluation Board

This public forum is dealing with the �STM32L Discovery� Evaluation board.

https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32LDISCOVERY/AllItems.aspx

The one is listed in the Public Forums list...

Evaluation Boards for STM32 Product Family (All boards)

This public forum is dealing with all �STM32 Discovery� Evaluation boards.

https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Discovery/AllItems.aspx

#stm32-discovery-f3-f4
6 REPLIES 6
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on November 08, 2012 at 16:45

Considering the almost non-existent participation of ST staff in this forum, the intention of those F4, L151 and VL discovery - specific fora is rather unclear.

Is it possible that we should not see them ?

Or is it just separate view on another subdivision of the same threads ?

Posted on November 08, 2012 at 17:58

There used to be multiple forums for the Discovery products, people became confused, and now they are all merged. I thought the old ones were deprecated and you can't post against them, but I've not been paying much attention. I don't imagine they will be separated again, and I'd recommend using Google or Bing to find existing threads and topics, as the forum software is pretty awful and extremely fragile.

Forum posters are generally a confused bunch and often lack specificity about which board they actually have, or that the universe of boards is bigger than the one at hand and post against existing threads regardless of how tenuously the topic is connected.

I, and presumably other respondents, really don't care which of the STM32 or STM32 Discovery forums are used, just that the questions/titles are specific as to what hardware is being discussed, and are free standing, with no prior assumption that the audience remembers you, or your board, or other issues.

We are mostly users, and cannot move, delete or split threads. I review most new posts/topics, and answer things based on interest and convenience.

With well formulated questions you'll be fine posting to any of the forums here.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on November 08, 2012 at 20:42

As already noted, there used  to be a whole load of forums, and they were boiled down to just the current two.

Following the links given, the most recent posts in any of them seem to be around Feb this year - which is probably about the time of the reorganisation?

So I would say that they are probably just a historical remnant of the old organisation - nothing to do with any future plans of any sort...?

Maybe ST tried to get rid of them - but even they couldn't get the forum software to do as they wanted...?!
kornak
Associate II
Posted on November 13, 2012 at 00:11

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I hadn't noticed that the posts in the F4 and VL forums ended in February.

Those old F4, L & VL forums may have some useful threads in them that wouldn't be found searching the main Discovery forum.

Best regards,

Scot

Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on November 13, 2012 at 01:22

''Those old F4, L & VL forums may have some useful threads in them that wouldn't be found searching the main Discovery forum''

My understanding was that all those old forums were supposed to have been merged into the remaining 2 forums, and should be accessible there...
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on November 13, 2012 at 11:14

I think neil is speaking in the subjunctive form here, because it's hard for us users to see if these threads were just not merged, or died in one of the forum-software-database-meltdowns.

Apart from that, I agree with him.