Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

isochronous high speed USB with STM32F207

jwipfler9
Associate
Posted on December 29, 2011 at 14:42

Hello,

i'am looking for an example howto implement an USB High-Speed Device in isochronous mode. I have found several examples for full-speed, but I need Highspeed. Porting full-speed examples to highspeed hasn't work.

So, could anybody help me by sending an example listing how to implement an isochrounus usb highspeed device with the STM32F207?

THx

Buddy
5 REPLIES 5
flyer31
Senior
Posted on December 30, 2011 at 18:58

Hi Buddy,

I am also looking urgently for a Hi-Speed USB example. I would be happy with ANY.

Can you give me a link to a Full-Speed USB example (ANY), which is working on a STM32F2? Which demo board do you use? (do you think, it might work also on STM32F4 and STM32-F4-Discovery board or on the MCBSTM32F400 board of Keil?

jwipfler9
Associate
Posted on January 02, 2012 at 16:23

Hello bil.til,

you can find the example at http://www.st.com/internet/mcu/product/245087.jsp

(

http://www.st.com/internet/com/SOFTWARE_RESOURCES/SW_COMPONENT/FIRMWARE/stm32_f105-07_f2xx_usb-host-device_lib.zip

STM32F105/7 and STM32F2xx USB on-the-go Host and device library (UM1021) 2.0.0 2718KB )

There is an usb full speed audio isochronous example included in this library.

This example works well with STM32F2. But it should also work with MCBSTM32F200/400.

But my problem of porting this from full speed to high speed is still available.

No comments from other users here in the forum!

Has anybody some ideas or examples regarding high speed isochronous device?

Kind regards

Buddy

flyer31
Senior
Posted on January 03, 2012 at 17:27

Hi Buddy,

thanks for this info. I had this folder already on my PC, but I am still not completely sure, whether it makes sense to load it on my STM32F4Discovery or on the MCBSTM32F400 Keil board. But if you said, you had success, then this is a good point for my motivation.

Did you look at the DualCore example? There it says, that the FS port is used for a HID device, and the HS port for a MSC - just of course maybe the HS port is operated in FS mode for this example - app.c with main() function really looks extremely simple for this example ... . (just not sure where they define the speed...).

I am also hanging with the DMA issues. If you really want to run USB in HS, you will need DMA, if you get some AD data from external world, I think most possibly through the FSMC interface. But it is really very hard for me, to figure out how to configure the DMA to work from FSMC to USB - the reference manual really is a bit strange.

flyer31
Senior
Posted on January 03, 2012 at 19:06

One quite simple thing, e. g., which I completely do not understand:

In the manual, there are many registers, as to be expected for a USB interface. But if I e. g. open the msc example in this 2.0.0 folder, then I nowhere find any reference to any of the registers. E. g. the basic device mode configuration register OTG_HS_DCFG for sure needs to be addressed somewhere - but I do not find ANY reference to this register - in no file. Also I do not find any lib file - it looks as if all the source code files are included nicely ... this is realy mysterious to me.

jwangler9
Associate
Posted on January 04, 2012 at 10:06

Hi Bil.Til

I have tested the dual core sample successfully on the STM3220G_EVAL.

The HID uses the USB FS port, and the MSC uses the USB HS port, which works on High speed properly.

See following link to find all dedicated documents and firmware samples to the STM32 Microcontrollers, under Resources:

http://www.st.com/internet/mcu/class/1734.jsp

The relevant register settings for STM32F207 are documented in the RM0033.

Good luck