cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32CubeMX - STM32F7 Library Install Issue

jdsotack
Associate II
Posted on November 20, 2016 at 18:08

I get an error each time I attempt to install the library ''Firmware Package for Family STM32F7'' into STM32Cube MX.  This occurs after removing the original Zip files and uninstalling reinstalling STM32CubeMX.

The stm32cube_fw_f4_v1130.zip installs without issues.

The failed install sequence is shown below is shown in the attached screenshots file.

The Firmware Packet for Family STM32F7 (V1.51)  is selected.  Note Installed version is blank.

The install now button is clicked and then the second and third error dialogs occur.

The error message contains. ''These Files have problem during Download: stm32cube_fw_f7_v151.zip (Target directory already exists).

When process is complete, Firmware Packet for Family STM32F7 is shown as not installed.  The 1.5.1 is the available version.  The installed version field is blank.

To eliminate a corrupt install from being an issue, I uninstalled / reinstalled cube, and deleted the zip files in the repository directory.

John

3 REPLIES 3
jmf1
Associate III
Posted on November 20, 2016 at 20:52

I had a similar issue recently. I believe that in fact there is an issue with the 1.51 package.

I had downloaded separatly the 1.50 package from the ST website.

In CubeMX, there is an option to install from local files (in Help > Install new Libraries).

I could install the package that way.

Best regards,

JMF

slimen
Senior
Posted on November 21, 2016 at 10:07

Hello,

I have successfully download and install this package without problem! Maybe in your case a server is down for few minutes.

So, in this case you should remove the installed file and try again the download: 

Try close CubeMx -> reopen  -> click in check update -> download again. 

Regards

Posted on July 15, 2017 at 14:04

I have the same issue with STM32L1 V1.7.0  It can't be a temporary server failure, because I tried it abt 5 times in the last months (couple days between attempts). Lots of other updates have been installed successfully since then, but this L1 v1.7.0 always fails  (v1.6.0 is up and running)0690X00000603wlQAA.jpg