cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are people compiling iNemo code???

jake
Associate II
Posted on January 27, 2012 at 00:59

Has anyone successfully compiled any of the iNemo/DFU code?  If so, how did you do it?

I've tried Atollic/eclipse, which wouldn't work because there's no project file and I couldn't seem to resolve the dependencies and incompatibilities with the standard library.

I also tried IAR 6.30, which wouldn't work due to CMSIS version incompatibilities, which nobody I've seen can seem to resolve.

So what gives?  How the heck am I supposed to do anything with this code?  Why aren't any of the supposedly ''supported'' toolchains actually supported?

1 REPLY 1
jake
Associate II
Posted on February 14, 2012 at 09:30

Hopefully ST will at some point actually support at least one compiler properly. But...

ST support provided me with the following workaround...

Try the following procedure:

1) Open the project with IAR 6.20 or later version.

2) In the left tab, in the CMSIS folder, right click on core_cm3.c file and go to “option�, and check “Exclude from build� available on the left-up corner of the option window (see attached figure1) and then press ok.

3) Open the project options (Project à Options or ALT+F7). In the “General Options� category, go to the “Library Configuration tab� and check the “Use CMSIS� in the CMSIS part (see Figure 2).

4) Go to the “C/C++ Compiler� category, and then on “Preprocessor� tab. In the “Additional include directories: (one per line)� list, remove the following path: “$PROJ_DIR$\..\..\..\Common\STM32F10xFWLib\v3_3_0\Libraries\CMSIS\CM3\CoreSupport\�, and then press ok (see Figure3).

5) Now you should be able to compile it without problems.