Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when flashing a new microcontroller with ST Flash loader demonstrator

Thomas_Socomec
Associate II
Posted on March 19, 2013 at 13:39

Hello,

I have a problem with ST flash loader demonstrator when I try to flash for the first time a STM32F207IG.

I use UART1 and BOOT0 pins. ST flash loader detects correctly the microcontroller, and starts the erase process. But after a few seconds, the process stops and an error occurs.

After that the microcontroller is totally blocked, and the only way to flash it is to use JTAG or SWD.

Do you have any idea about the cause of this behavior ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on March 19, 2013 at 14:45

I'd go look at the supplies, flashing has higher current draw requirements as it uses a charge pump to generate programming voltages. Make sure you're not browning out the supply, and try with known good board.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Thomas_Socomec
Associate II
Posted on March 20, 2013 at 13:30

Thank you Clive for your answer.

After check on the hardware part, it seems there is no problem of voltage during the flashing.

We have find a solution with ST flash loader demonstrator :

- First of all, we erase the whole memory (we select the blocs manually, otherwise it does not work).

- After that we flash the firmware into the microcontroller.

This is the only way to make the flash write working with ST flash loader demonstrator and our STM32F207IG. It looks very strange for me... Do you know if there is any protection on the microcontroller which can cause this behavior ?