Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STVD 4.3.1 : swim error [30103]

marcosovilla9
Associate II
Posted on February 09, 2012 at 12:26

Hi,

I'm running windows 7 64 bit, my target is STM8S103F2U.

STVD gives me this error when trying to debug: ''failed to download application: error: swim error [30103]: rlink communication error''.

Rlink does not have problems because works fine with STVP on the same PC and can read and write micros.

So at the moment I can't debug. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

#stvd-rlink
4 REPLIES 4
marcosovilla9
Associate II
Posted on February 13, 2012 at 09:56

Running win7, 64bit.I re-installed STVD 4.2.0 and all works fine now.

The funny thing is that the higher STVD revision, more are the problems.

With revision 4.3.0 program shuts down automaticcaly just after opening a project.

With revision 4.3.1 R-link is recognized correctly by STVD, but I can't enter debug mode [error 30103]. But no problem to simply load program into micro's flash.

Does somebody from ST read this post? It 'll be fine to get an answer.

newtonpro
Associate II
Posted on March 01, 2012 at 13:02

With Win XP Sp3 I haven't problems. (I use a netbook)

newtonpro
Associate II
Posted on March 12, 2012 at 13:31

With my PC desktop with Win XP Sp3 I have the same problems. (swim error). I have tried to 

uninstall

parallel port on Bios but I haven't solved the problem.
Posted on September 06, 2012 at 13:41

Dear all,

Hereunder is my today experience :

I use Windows 7 with recently installed sttoolsetpack 27 (STVD 4.3.2 and STVP 3.2.6 ). Compiler, linker, debugger worked fine but I had a windows program crash every time I was trying to use STVP or Light Programmer programm within STVD. There was no specific error message (MFC visual error message).

I thought it was a driver or windows compatibility problem but it wasn't.

The only reason was the misfilling of the type of programming board in the relevant STVD or STVP windows. I selected RLINK instead of ST-LINK. The consequence is a windows  application crash.....

May be this can help.