cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f746 nucleo LWIP NetComm Web Server

ferrario
Associate III
Posted on May 25, 2017 at 15:14

I would like to share my experience in getting (among others) a Web Server running on the 746 nucleo.

I think it is a very valuable product.

I developed a mini firmware based on cubemx. The code does nothing but starting the Freertos, initializing the

1- I had to struggle hard to get the debugger working as long as I realized that I needed to update the driver to Seggers. I wish somebody would make this more clear also on the ST website. The stlink firmware is NOT usable.

2- I can ping the board but as soon I start the web server connection breaks. Very unstable behaviour.

3- I checked the source code in some CUBEMx sample application and it looks pretty much different to the one generated on my pc

4- Cache coherence is not taken into account in my cubemx software whereby the sample code invalidates the cache in SRAM2, stores descriptors in SRAM1, makes this area not cacheable via the MPU

So I see big differences into the generated code with respect to the example code.

Is there anything I miss in the CUBEMX configuration?

I wish I could generate a cache coherent code out of the box.

Fabio

2 REPLIES 2
lukasz2
Associate III
Posted on September 28, 2017 at 14:18

I know from ST employee that stm32f746ZG has a bug in silicon (eth module). stm32f767 is OK.

Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on September 28, 2017 at 14:55

Hello,

Please, have a look to this

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/errata_sheet/4d/39/a6/8c/84/47/47/67/DM00145382.pdf/files/DM00145382.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00145382.pdf

related to the devices and check if you have the limitation described in the errata sheet.

Otherwise, please share your ioc file or code, this will help user forum to help/answer you.

Kind Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen