Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer1 trigger for ADC2

franz2399
Associate II
Posted on February 10, 2012 at 11:54

Hi,

Using STM32F205RCT6.

We used ADC1/DMA with Timer 1 as trigger and worked fine. The temperature sensor is only connected to ADC1 so I have to move ADC1 -> ADC2. Now we have problems with the trigger - it doesn't work anymore.

http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/REFERENCE_MANUAL/CD00225773.pdf

Figure 35. Multi ADC block diagram

Are the trigger signals connect to the slaves when independent mode is selected? I can't find any information about that.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks

#stm32f2-adc2-trigger
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on February 10, 2012 at 15:28

I'm not that familiar with the ADC, there are however very specific DMA/Timer relationships, and what triggers what.

Perhaps you can be more specific about the ADCx, ChannelX, and TIMx_CHx, and DMAx,StreamX,ChannelX combination that works currently, and what combinations didn't work, and we can try and route through the rats nest of connections.

I really wish there was a Wizard, or Expert System, which you could plug in a few requirements and it spit out what's routable.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
franz2399
Associate II
Posted on February 10, 2012 at 17:09

First thanks for the very fast response!

Yes, the trigger signals are connect to the slaves, too.

Normally we use the library. But for performance reasons my college used sometimes the direct and hardcoded way to change the DMA configuration register -> so also my new used channel was overwritten.

Wish you a nice weekend.

raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on February 10, 2012 at 19:28

Look at Table 23 in the reference manual for the ADC/DMA/channel/stream combinations, and verify you changed channel and stream correctly.

Cheers, Hal

raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on February 10, 2012 at 19:28

Look at Table 23 in the reference manual for the ADC/DMA/channel/stream combinations, and verify you changed channel and stream correctly.

Cheers, Hal