Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash programming error in Keil MDK

miklos
Associate II
Posted on February 11, 2012 at 16:27

Hi!

I just started using the STM32F4 discovery board with Keil development environment, and I have a small problem, that I can not program the flash memory of the microcontroller using the Load button. In Keil Build output window, there is no error message, just one line saying:

Load ''C:\\Keil\\ARM\\Boards\\ST\\STM32F4-Discovery\\Blinky\\Flash\\Blinky.AXF''

But then nothing happens, LD1 on board lights up green for a split second, and it turns then red again, and the microcontroller stays in a kind of turned off state, until I press reset button. And then it continues the original program.

However when I push the Debug button it automatically updates the flash memory, so flash programming is working, and is available, it is just confusing, that if I want to download the program in microcontroller I always have to start, and end the debug session.

What am I doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
miklos
Associate II
Posted on February 11, 2012 at 16:47

With a lot of search I found this:

http://www.keil.com/support/docs/3547.htm

Information in this knowledgebase article applies to:

• MDK-ARM Version 4.14 and older
SYMPTOM

When using the ST-LINK driver for downloading and debugging an STM32 Discovery board, the Load and Erase controls in µVision don't appear to do anything.

CAUSE

The ST-LINK driver from STMicroelectronics does not support separate Load and Erase functions.

RESOLUTION

To download the device, just start the debugger. The ST-LINK driver automatically erases and downloads the device when you start the debugger.

Well it seems that this is still not supported...

miklos
Associate II