cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 USB Full Speed Device Library

eltar
Associate III
Posted on March 28, 2013 at 14:43

It seems STM finally succeeded in their quest to make information about MCUs unsearchable. I can find a manuah for STM32 FS-Device development kit, but can anyone point me to the library itself (I need it with examples to write code for STM32F3-Discovery board)? I used google, I used navigation, parametric search (it sucks btw) and website search (it sucks even more).

If you are who reads this from STM, please don't take this as an offence, but as a mild and very polite feedback. You guys keep braking the links to stuff - almost any community howto on the web has broken links pointing to pages on www.st.com that do not exist. Great hardware, awful docs and zero respect to community efforts.

#usb #stm32f3-discovery
11 REPLIES 11
Posted on March 28, 2013 at 16:31

This has F3 support code in it. V4.0.0 of the USB FS Firmware Library

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM147/CL1794/SC961/SS1743/PF257917

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/st_prod_software_internet/resource/technical/software/firmware/stsw-stm32081.zip

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
eltar
Associate III
Posted on March 29, 2013 at 07:49

Great, thanks, Clive!

*whispering to myself* But how one's supposed to know this????

Posted on March 29, 2013 at 13:18

<G>

I had to dig pretty hard to find this again.

Ironically there are so many deep hard links to the site content because stuff is so hard to locate, or remember how to get too.

I might edit some of my posts if I could find them, and if editing them didn't change the chronological order of the post/thread.

Still the 404 error logs for the site must be massive. Hopefully someones tracking the metrics.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
fallospenis
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2013 at 03:35

Hi! I'm very new to STM.

I would like to send some data from my STM32F0 to PC via USB. Can I use this library with STM32F0? 

Posted on March 30, 2013 at 14:08

I would like to send some data from my STM32F0 to PC via USB. Can I use this library with STM32F0?

May be I lost the plot somewhere, but which F0 part supports USB?

Perhaps you could use a CP2102, or some other USB-to-Serial chip?
eltar
Associate III
Posted on March 31, 2013 at 21:08

hi clive1!

Do you know if this library is supposed to work with STM32F3-Discovery without modifications? I selected STM32303C-Eval configuration and it didn't work - I even managed to somehow damage the firmware in ST-Link debugger and had to reflash it with ST-Link utility.

Or the library can work with F3, but examples have to be modified to fit hardware layout of F3-Discovery?

Thanks!

A.

Posted on April 01, 2013 at 02:55

For the most part examples published by ST target the EVAL series boards, porting them to the discovery series boards usually require removal of code related to the LCD, and perhaps changing pin assignments to suit the new target.

eltar
Associate III
Posted on April 01, 2013 at 19:53

Spent some hours trying to trace the issue - no luck. It doesn't work, and it can't be debugged.

I love STM. That's why they call their boards ''Discovery''. Each time you manage to do something - it's like a big deal, whole-humanity concerning discovery. That's how much effort it takes.

eltar
Associate III
Posted on April 01, 2013 at 23:35

I actually found that if I hold the USER button while I plug in user_usb cable, custom_HID demo works perfectly. If I release button however, the board immediatly stops responding. However long I look at the code, I can't find how this USER button relates to USB operation.