cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F105 Read protection issue

vdsr81
Associate II
Posted on February 18, 2012 at 21:29

Hello guys. I was trying to read the code out of a STM32F105RBT6 using a SWD circuit and the STMprog software but the code was ''Read protected'' and I couldn't bring it out .

Can you guys give me a help or suggestion on this? Is that possible at all? Or is there probably a professional programmer out there capable of unlocking the ARM chips?

Cheers.

#stm32-read-protection
6 REPLIES 6
Posted on February 19, 2012 at 00:43

The methods provided by ST to remove the read-out protection also mass erase the part.

The serial port system loader can be used to do this, and probably the ST-LINK tools.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
vdsr81
Associate II
Posted on February 20, 2012 at 23:09

Thanks bro for the clue. seems pretty difficult but i'll give it a try.

vdsr81
Associate II
Posted on February 27, 2012 at 20:37

Hi Clive1. would you please give me an email address of yourself? Please email me to khashayar81@hotmail.com. Thanks 

emalund
Associate III
Posted on February 27, 2012 at 21:16

<i>Thanks bro for the clue. seems pretty difficult but i'll give it a try.</i>

since Clive is your brother, I hate to interfere in a family affair. However what is difficult? all tools known too me has an 'erase chip' command.

Erik

emalund
Associate III
Posted on February 27, 2012 at 21:20

<i>Thanks bro for the clue. seems pretty difficult but i'll give it a try.</i>

since Clive evidently is your brother, I hate to interfere in a family affair. However what is difficult? all tools known too me has an 'erase chip' command.

If there was a (relatively) simple way to bypass the read protect, why would the manufacturer bother implementing read protection. The only reasons I can see for 'breaking' a read protect are dishonest.

Erik

Posted on February 27, 2012 at 21:58

Hi Clive1. would you please give me an email address of yourself? Please email me to khashayar81@hotmail.com. Thanks

sourcer32@gmail.com however I have no interest in hacking hardware or software, or providing free support.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..