Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

openocd

kantarofilip
Associate II
Posted on May 03, 2012 at 13:22

Hi all,

i want to configure OpenOCD for Stlink(embedded on stm32vld board)... but after building and starting openocd i've got this output:

openocd -f /usr/local/share/openocd/scripts/interface/stlink-v2.cfg - f /usr/local/share/openocd/scripts/target/stm32f1x_stlink.cfg help

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.6.0-dev-00477-gf1c0133 (2012-05-03-11:07)

Licensed under GNU GPL v2

For bug reports, read

http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/doxygen/bugs.html

Warn : must select a transport.

1 kHz

trst_and_srst separate srst_gates_jtag trst_push_pull srst_open_drain

Info : clock speed 1 kHz

Error: session's transport is not selected.

in procedure 'transport'

in procedure 'init'

openocd version is 0.6.0....jumpers on the board are OK....i am using Ubuntu ... should i add some extra commands in command line to select transport or should i edit .cfg files?? Thanks, Filip. #stm32-stlink-stm32vldiscovery
2 REPLIES 2
andreaslehmi9
Associate II
Posted on July 26, 2012 at 12:40

Hi,

I'm trying to do the same STM32vlDiscovery with openOCD. As far as I know the STLink on the board is a V1. That measn you should use an other cfg-file.

Unfortunately I'm not very successfull, too. What do you mean with jumper-settings? I left them as they are. Thats the position where it works with the stlint utility. Should I change the Jumpers?

Thanks,

Andreas

sjo2
Associate II
Posted on July 31, 2012 at 10:28

This is infact even simpler, just use the following:

openocd -f /usr/local/share/openocd/scripts/board/stm32vldiscovery.cfg personally i just create a openocd.cfg file and add the following:

add_script_search_dir /usr/local/share/openocd/scripts/
source [find board/stm32vldiscovery.cfg]
init
reset init

If you are still getting trouble then enable debug info and psot the log here. Cheers Spen