Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAL driver support stopped for STM32F2?

rchris
Associate II
Posted on May 20, 2015 at 17:13

Hi,

I am using the HAL driver for the CAN interface of an STM32F207. I noticed that the payload data in the current driver for the F2 is unneccessarily defined as arrays of uint32_t. In the current release for the STM32F4 this was changed to uint8_t. This change is also mentioned in the release notes for the STM32F4. For the F2 no new releases were published for over a year. Will there be any new releases for the F2 or has ST stopped support? I have already contacted ST on this but no answer so far.

Regards, Ralph
4 REPLIES 4
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on May 22, 2015 at 12:35

Hello Christopher,

I confirm that STM32CubeF2 still being supported. A new release will be available soon to be aligned with other packages and fix some issues.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

rchris
Associate II
Posted on May 26, 2015 at 10:49

Hi Mayla,

can you give a date on this? Will it be weeks, months, years? I have to decide if I want to code around the bugs or wait for the new release. If it takes longer, I will need a list of known bugs. I guess I am not the only one.

Ralph

Posted on May 26, 2015 at 20:49

Always assume you're on your own, and plan accordingly.

The F4 and F2 parts are *very* similar on the peripheral side. Your most effective course of action would be to merge/diff the pieces/examples you're most concerned with.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
petr239955
Associate III
Posted on September 01, 2015 at 21:46

Hi Mayla,

we want to use STM32F207 for our new project, but HAL driver is very old.

When

will be available a new release ?

Petr