cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4xx Flash Loader Demo

npham
Associate II
Posted on March 02, 2012 at 21:28

Hi, I am trying to update the fash of STM32F407 by using the Flash Loader Demo V1.3, but it does not seem to communicate to my processor. I used this program to flash my STM32F10x series, but I don't know if it will work for F4xx series. Could someone tell me what do I need to update the flash through RS232 interface. Thanks

Nhan Pham 

#stm32f4xx
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on March 03, 2012 at 01:22

Try v2.4.0 should support the F2, and the F4 is very similar.

http://www.st.com/internet/com/SOFTWARE_RESOURCES/SW_COMPONENT/SW_DEMO/stm32-stm8_flash_loader_demo.zip

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
npham
Associate II
Posted on March 05, 2012 at 15:45

Hi Clive,

Is there any user manual for this new version. I did assumed its baud rate is the same as older version (57600), Parity = Even, Flow Control = OFF. It doesn't seem to work for me. I did tried several different baud rate but it acts the same. I can see the processor's RX1 activity, but the TX1 just goes high and stay high. By the way, the processor is in the right mode (BOOT0 = 1, BOOT 1 = 0) when power is applied. If you know anything else for me to try, please help. Thanks

Posted on March 05, 2012 at 20:35

Is there any user manual for this new version. I did assumed its baud rate is the same as older version (57600), Parity = Even, Flow Control = OFF. It doesn't seem to work for me. I did tried several different baud rate but it acts the same. I can see the processor's RX1 activity, but the TX1 just goes high and stay high. By the way, the processor is in the right mode (BOOT0 = 1, BOOT 1 = 0) when power is applied. If you know anything else for me to try, please help. Thanks

It should auto-baud, ie it measures the 0x7F pattern to compute bit timing.

As I recall it should also support USART3, and USB connectivity, there is a manual and it covers additional pin states. The USART needs to go to something like a MAX232 to interface to RS232 level signals.

http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/APPLICATION_NOTE/CD00167594.pdf

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
npham
Associate II
Posted on March 06, 2012 at 14:49

Yes, I have an external RS232 transceiver. I moved to UART3 and it works fine. So I guess the new chip does not support UART1.

Posted on March 07, 2012 at 02:06

USART1 is supposed to work, I haven't experimented with it, but :

''USART3_RX (PB11), USART3_RX (PC11), CAN2_RX (PB05), OTG_FS_DM (PA11) and OTG_FS_DP (PA12) pins must be kept at a high or low level during the detection phase.''