cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link Connection error

zhdanovsergey
Associate II
Posted on March 11, 2012 at 09:40

STM32 Value line discovery, IAR EW for ARM (6.30.6.3387), Windows XP, simple program. I have 2 computers: at home and at work. Run program at home - OK! Run this program at work - ''Make'' - OK!, ''Download and Debug'' - Fatal error: ST-Link Connection error. (TN0830 I have read). Thanks for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
zhdanovsergey
Associate II
Posted on March 11, 2012 at 11:43

Posted on March 11, 2012 at 13:03

Would you happen to have admin rights at home and not at work? Or other settings that might preclude normal operation, UAC, USB memory sticks disabled?

Check also SWD mode is always selected, if user code on the board crashes the ST-LINK try setting the BOOT pin high so it runs the system loader instead, and recover it that way.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
zhdanovsergey
Associate II
Posted on March 11, 2012 at 14:14

Thank you. May be reason different Windows XP at home and at work. SWO clock I instal 32 KHz (recommend on other forum) but doesnt help.

bjoern2
Associate II
Posted on March 12, 2012 at 10:20

Hi Sergey,

had some problems using the st-link as well. I downloaded the st_link utitlity from:

http://www.st.com/internet/evalboard/product/219866.jsp

and then made shure to update the st link driver. After that the st link was also ok for my stm32f4 discovery, is maybe not the right way but helped me.

Greetings Bjoern

zhdanovsergey
Associate II
Posted on March 13, 2012 at 19:32

Thanks for you attenthion. Sorry for my English. I downloaded the st_link utitlity, but dont help,  ST-Link on board in my STM32VLDiscovery. Reinstal IAR, desable antivirys program, go via the link ''Microsoft knowledgebase KB973544 article'' in the right column to download and run the file vcredist_x86.exe (for a 32-bit OS), but dont help.

zhdanovsergey
Associate II
Posted on March 14, 2012 at 19:59

Consider the problem solved. I  deinstalled  programm ''Daemon Tools (virtual disk) and may program work -  LED is blinking. Thanks forum ST.