cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading XML file in STM32CubeMX tool

Mon2
Senior III
Posted on February 19, 2018 at 16:14

Hello. Attempting to prototype a proof of concept using the STM32F072 Discovery board with I2C & SPI ports (each with DMA enabled if possible). Upgraded the STM32CubeMX tool to the latest and very impressed with the look, feel and current kits. Now can actually see and select the Discovery board we have. However, after attempting to Start Project using this selection, receiving an error as noted. What are we doing wrong? Launching the tool with admin privilege does not change the results. If we proceed to Start Project using the CPU selection of STM32F072RBTx then the project can be launched as it should using this tool.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mon2
Senior III
Posted on February 19, 2018 at 19:03

Ok. Checked with another engineer and he did not face the same problem so suspected the issue is local to my box which was hosting an older version of this tool. Sounds like the upgrade did not take on correctly. Downloaded a fresh and current version of the STM32CubeMX -> installed -> now working correctly  Yes. Moving on...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mon2
Senior III
Posted on February 19, 2018 at 19:03

Ok. Checked with another engineer and he did not face the same problem so suspected the issue is local to my box which was hosting an older version of this tool. Sounds like the upgrade did not take on correctly. Downloaded a fresh and current version of the STM32CubeMX -> installed -> now working correctly  Yes. Moving on...