cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 M0/M3 simulation

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on January 11, 2013 at 10:40

I tried to revive an older thread, but that seems not possible if it dates back before the last database meltdown ...

Is there any simulation of STM32 MCUs available, specifically the F0 and F1 ?

And I don't mean the core only, as Keil provides with uVision4. We would need the peripherals, too.

The automotive guys need such things quite often for ''SW in the loop'' tests.

Would it help to mention +100k units p.a. ?

#stm32f0/f1-periphery-simulation
4 REPLIES 4
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on January 25, 2013 at 10:53

Could you please be more explicit: what kind of simulation do you need (example of expected results)?

I tried to revive an older thread, but that seems not possible if it dates back before the last database meltdown ...

Do you mean it was lost or you cannot update it?

ST.MCU

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on January 25, 2013 at 11:54

Do you mean it was lost or you cannot update it?

Trying to post on this thread always failed.

Could you please be more explicit: what kind of simulation do you need (example of expected results)?

Having a virtual STM32 in a loop, together with a simulated or emulated ASIC.

Purpose is to test the whole system, and optimize ASIC design and system properties.

The STM32 simulation could be a black box, as long as it can be arbitrarily clocked/stopped, fed with code from a commercial toolchain, and provides fairly close response at the (simulated) I/O pins. Clock cycle granularity would be ok.

Think of Intel, that used to run Windows on a CPUs simulated on a Workstation while development.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on January 25, 2013 at 14:01

Let me know the link to the old thread.

ST.MCU

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on January 26, 2013 at 14:36

This might have been this one:

https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=https%3a//my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/stm32%20simulation%20model&FolderCTID=0x01200200770978C69A1141439FE559EB459D7580009C4E14902C3CDE46A77F0FFD06506F5B&currentviews=88

But that issue is less important for me.

First, it is less appropriate, since we would not need a SPICE model.

Second, it might have been one of the temporary hickups this forum has. Some times/days 4 or 5 consecutive posting tries to a thread are failing.

But as I have seen, you are using M$ Sharepoint ...

Edit:

... speaking of the devil.

How often a post seems to fail, but the contents are there. Just count the double-posts around.