cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash loader demonstrator for STM 32f407

marcoandarcia9
Associate II
Posted on April 03, 2012 at 17:02

Hi, I was wondering if I could use the Flash Loader Demonstrator to upload and download to the flash memory of the STM32f407. I checked on the website for SW demos under the STM32f407 and didn't find any software that I could use to program this chip using UART port. 

Thanks. 

Marco

#stm32 #usb-otg #flash-loader-demonstrator #dfuse #dfu
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on April 03, 2012 at 20:59

Doesn't this version support the STM32F4 series? Pretty sure it does.

http://www.st.com/internet/com/SOFTWARE_RESOURCES/SW_COMPONENT/SW_DEMO/stm32-stm8_flash_loader_demo.zip

I added a direct link because the site is such a total cluster. I pulled it from the STM32F205 design resource page.

I think people have had more luck with USART3 on the F2 and F4 parts, but there are very specific input pin requirements.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
marcoandarcia9
Associate II
Posted on April 10, 2012 at 00:57

Hi, Clive1 

I downloaded the Flash Loader from the link provided and it works perfectly, I manage to load the flash memory using USART1. Now I would like to program my STM32 by USB. I downloaded  DFUse demo but I don't get it to recognize my device. and I was wondering was it's the procedure to start the bootload sequence for DFU.

For the Flash Loader to work I had to send a high to the BOOT0 line and this would start the boot sequence I am wondering if there is something similar in order to use the USB OTG capability. 

Thank for your help.  

Posted on April 10, 2012 at 01:34

BOOT0 being high is required for it to run the System ROM containing the loader. This will be required for serial or USB programming.

I don't use the USB connectivity, you'll probably need to review the documentation on the subject.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
marcoandarcia9
Associate II
Posted on April 10, 2012 at 02:09

Ok, I already have my STM32 in boot mode, however the device is not showing on DFUse, when I enter in boot mode my windows says that  I need some drivers, do you know which drivers it is talking about. 

Thank you very much for your help. 

w_
Associate
Posted on May 19, 2015 at 12:59

Hi clive1,

In the Version v2.7.0 from 15-September-2014 the STM32F4 is missing.

The Flashloader contains only 

f1=STM32F1

f2=STR75x

f3=STM8

f4=STR91xFA

f5=STM32L1

f6=STM32F2

f7=STM32F0

STM32F4 with 

ADDR_FLASH_SIZE=1FFF0000;

START_FLASH_ADDR=08000000;

is missing.