cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Stm3240g firmware on the Stm32f4Discovery Board - Solved

jlchoobs
Associate II
Posted on April 17, 2012 at 10:55

I am working on Porting over the Stm3240g Board Firmware to the Stm32f4Discovery Board.  The Boards both use the same chip stm32f407 - just different pinouts.  Obviously there are compatibility issues on the Port connections.

* Currently I have BlinkLed working with PC.7 and PE.0 ports.

* I have tried to Enable both of UART2 and UART4 with no success.

* I have successfully connected it via USB as Mass Storage - Windows recognizes the USB Mass Storage - 

BUT it reports as 'Mass Storage fails to start'.  I am using an SDCard connected - like the stm3240g board except that SD_DETECT is switched from PH13 to PH0.  The System_stm324xx_eval.h has PLL_M=25 to PLL_M=8 for Clock which is needed for the USB connection. 

I do not know why the SDCard fails - the Card is tested as working.

Anybody have any ideas ? 
4 REPLIES 4
jlchoobs
Associate II
Posted on April 18, 2012 at 10:22

Current Project is here:

[[this link/image has been flagged as malicious by our security scan software and has been deleted]]

jlchoobs
Associate II
Posted on April 25, 2012 at 09:14

Problem solved.

- Use Stm3240g Fw 2.1.0

- HFE needs be set to 8000000

- PLL_M needs be set to 8

- Change SD_Detect from PH13 to PH1 or always Card Present.

- LCD and LOG function calls can be commented out.

- Change target to Stm32f4Discovery / Stm32F407VG

danish_enchanting
Associate II
Posted on June 16, 2012 at 16:20

I am using st discovery kit. connected a microsd card with the pinouts you showed on your stm32 geeks projects page. but i no success. i downloaded stm3240g-eval board firmware. changed the PLL_M to 8. but i dont know how to change HFE and what it is.

Please help me out.

Tell me what HFE is and how to change. and also tell me which project to use as there are multiple USB projects in the firmware. Also note that I am using Keil as tool.

Your help will be appreciated.

Posted on June 16, 2012 at 19:06

Should be HSE (High Speed External) oscillator. The STM32F4-Discovery board uses an 8 MHz crystal, the libraries assume 25 MHz as supplied, and you'll need to address that.

Also

#define HSE_VALUE 8000000

or

-DHSE_VALUE=8000000

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..