cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check the SWIM cable connection and check all the needed pin connections on the SWIM connector error

piyushispandey07
Associate II
Posted on May 01, 2012 at 07:34

hello guys

I am new to this forum and I want to ask the solution for one of the problem which I encountered during the testing of my STM 8 microcontroller board.

Actually I was testing the board and than during the testing I encountered this problem:

Check the SWIM cable connection and check all the needed pin connections on the SWIM connector.

I have attached the snapshot of error too for analysis of exact problem.

Now I want to know why I am getting this error and what is the solution to it.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Nickname13136_O
Associate II
Posted on May 01, 2012 at 13:54

Hi,

There are four connections required for swim interface VDD, GND, SWIM and reset. Pls check the connectivity for all the four pins from debug intrument to micro.

I hope it will help.

Regards,

piyushispandey07
Associate II
Posted on May 10, 2012 at 13:51

hello bro

In my Swim connections actually there are three pins one is connected to the pin 18 of the SWIM pin of the microcontroller ND THAN MIDDLE ONE  to the reset pin 4 of the micrtocontroller and last one with the gnd. there are no four pins and I am using this microcontroller:

STM8S103F2P6

But still I am gettitng the error and I have double checked the connections all connections are perfect from the multimter testing and are showing the connectivity.

Thanks for your reply

Stm32User
Associate II
Posted on June 07, 2012 at 16:31

I think you need to connect VDD from your target to the SWIM