Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube Project/Demo similar to the F4 Demo Builder

Zaher
Senior II
Posted on November 12, 2017 at 01:01

Hello Folk!

I checked all the demos, projects, templates, whatever, inside the Cube package for F4 devices but couldn't find anything similar to the F4 demo builder package. Audio playback layer in particular. Aside from decoders involved, the audio playback layer is not the same across the aforementioned packages. Some are built with HAL, some with SPL, some with RTOS, some without RTOS, etc.. 

What I need is an audio playback demo/template project that I can build upon, based on HAL and FreeRTOS.

Regards,

Zaher

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on November 13, 2017 at 21:55

[STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.xx.x]\Projects\[board name]\Demonstrations\  tend to be bulit on FreeRTOS and often contain an audio playback component. Can't some of those used as a starting point?

JW

Posted on November 14, 2017 at 03:03

Of course, they do. However, if you look at the playback layer at the demo builder, you will notice a big difference. The player was extended to cover multiple decoders at once and tons of features you can't find in the one that comes with the Cube package. Demo builder package was built with an old RTOS port and SPL. Anyways, it should be no problem modifying that to work under HAL and the new RTOS port.