Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube Expansions ''merging''

maiorfi
Associate II
Posted on December 18, 2015 at 10:26

Hi.

What is the proper way to ''merge'' x-cube expansion packages into STM32Cube base repository (e.g. STM32Cube_FW_F4_Vx.y.z)?

Whenever I merge files I see many overwritings I'm not sure I should confirm.

Thanks!

#stm32cube-x-cube
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on December 25, 2015 at 10:44

Hi maiorfi.lorenzo,

Which firmware software expansion are you using?

Go to its official page and refer to User manuals.

-Shahrzad-

maiorfi
Associate II
Posted on December 28, 2015 at 16:25

Hi.

I'm talking about those enlisted at http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/FM147/CL1794/SC961/SS1743/LN1920

At this time I'm doing some lab with:

x-cube-mems1

x-cube-wifi1

x-cube-cryptolib

At what source tree level should I merge into STM32Cube source base?

Thanks!

Posted on October 26, 2017 at 16:37

Hi, did you get any reply or guidance ? I am also lost when it comes to use STM32Cube and its expansions. They look like separate source trees, and we don't have any indication on how to use them together.

Posted on October 26, 2017 at 18:47

If you are talking about examples, I havn't seen anything usefull about combining those. It looks like you have to do it yourself. I think you need to modify only the main.c and check what include paths there are in each project.

Posted on October 26, 2017 at 19:24

The 'Cube Expansions' is a poor characterization of what they are, they are really additional HAL code examples which demonstrate assorted concepts.

I wouldn't merge such things en masse, but rather seek to understand the essence of what they do, and take the pieces that are salient. They are not tightly integrated with CubeMX, and if you use the tool in an iterative manner it might become a bit tedious to keep reintergrating external code. I would recommend partitioning the new code into it's own files, and provide yourself with a handful of interfacing points.

You'd want to be comfortable with the HAL libraries, and your own merge/diff tools and processes.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..