cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX is nice! Where are the examples?

caleb
Associate III
Posted on December 12, 2014 at 02:58

Hi there,

STM32CubeMX looks like it will be quite nice.  

Where are the example files?

I don't see any example files anywhere.

I'd love to see examples of:

* basic gpio interrupt usage

* DMA to/from I2S/serial port (double-buffered of course)

* USB CDC 

Am I just missing something or are there really no examples with the STM32CubeMX?

[edit:  somehow I missed the post from only a couple threads back.  The response in that post is basically, ''there are none except what's in the manual''.  Honestly, the manual doesn't show any meaningful examples.  We really need some examples of the tricky stuff, like interrupts, DMA and USB.  Toggling a GPIO is a good *first* example, but the documentation basically leaves off there].

3 REPLIES 3
caleb
Associate III
Posted on December 12, 2014 at 03:12

Just looking back to make sure I wasn't crazy, the

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM147/CL1794/SC961/SS1743/PF259242?icmp=stm32cubemx_pron_pr-stm32cubef2_apr2014&sc=stm32cube-pr2

says,

''

All embedded software utilities come with a full set of examples.''

Please don't tell me that a couple pages in the user manual constitutes a full set of examples 😉

Posted on December 12, 2014 at 05:02

Don't the assorted Cube/HAL firmwares have whole directories of stuff?

STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.1.0\Projects\STM32L053C8-Discovery\Examples\CRC\CRC_Example\Src\main.c

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
caleb
Associate III
Posted on December 12, 2014 at 08:27

Why yes, yes it does. 🙂

But I think I'm only a little crazy though.

I looked in c:\program files\STM32CubeMx, and in the generated output files and couldn't find anything.  

If I RTFMd a little better, I would have seen that the STM32CubeMX downloads the files to <home-directory>/STM32Cube/Repository.  

I'm using a totally different directory tree from the default, so I never noticed or looked in that STM32Cube directory.

Thanks,

- caleb