Did you mean: 

PLC on STM32 idea

zaalzaalak222
Associate II
Posted on May 22, 2012 at 11:49

Some companies have PLC softwares (like as

IEC 61131-3 Development System CoDeSys

)

that have a runtime core that can be programmed on STM32 micros and we can write PLC programs and download it to stm32 without any C code.

If ST sell stm32 with PLC capability inside it ,then we can buy it(PLC runtime  license fee will be added to stm32 price ) and use in our projects.

Doing this job for small companies and individuals is impossible.

What is your idea?

6 REPLIES 6
Posted on May 22, 2012 at 15:55

Why wouldn't you just buy the aforementioned COTS implementation instead of faffing around with a chip level solution? ie If you as a business cannot field a competitive solution, from a licensing/whatever perspective, use the solution that is competitive/available. Presumably all the added value is the unique software you develop under this environment.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on May 23, 2012 at 00:08

''Doing this job for small companies and individuals is impossible.''

Doing what  job, exactly?

There are many small companies and individulas that manage to successfully program microcontrollers - including STM32...

alok472
Associate II
Posted on May 23, 2012 at 03:47

then we can buy it(PLC runtime  license fee will be added to stm32 price ) and use in our projects.

It seems from Wikipedia that the CoDeSys is license free ??

emalund
Associate III
Posted on May 23, 2012 at 16:12

I have seen/hear fo umpteen ''we can make a PLC much cheaper'' projects.

They have all fallen by the wayside since when the ''industrial strength'' damage resisting I/O was added (after realizing the necessity) the cost far passed the cost of a ''store bouight'' PLC.

Erik
zaalzaalak222
Associate II
Posted on May 24, 2012 at 13:36

Yes ,but its runtime on micro is not free.and have a licence fee per IC.

PLC software development software is free.

e2399
Associate
Posted on October 11, 2015 at 09:24

it exist..

take a look at plcmod.fr

regards