Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset STM32 using BOOT0 and RESET Pins After Bootloader

dclark9
Associate II
Posted on July 04, 2012 at 14:59

Hi,

I've been working on some Bootloader code recently and with help from this forum have got it working, unfortunately for whatever reason if I reset the Microcontroller (set BOOT0 to 0, and RESET to 0 then 1) and then attempt to go in to Bootloader mode again (set BOOT0 to 1, and RESET to 0 then 1) I cannot get the Bootloader to respond to the intial 0x7F command and it means that I have to do a power cycle instead which is obviously not a great solution.

Is there anything really fundamental that I am missing here as it strikes me this should be a relatively problem free thing to do.

Thanks in advance for any responses,

Dave

#bootloader #reset-stm32
3 REPLIES 3
ColdWeather
Senior
Posted on July 04, 2012 at 15:11

-RESET too short?

- unstable 1 at BOOT0?

Posted on July 04, 2012 at 15:17

Well, it will depend on the specific part.

The 0x7F pattern at 8E1 is not read by the parts, but the width is measured by a timer, and then an appropriate baud rate programmed into the USART.

There are dependencies on certain USART pins not changing on parts which scan multiple inputs. That things like the HSI/PLL start. And the state of BOOT1.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
abelloni
Associate II
Posted on December 15, 2013 at 16:42

Hi,

I've been working on some Bootloader code recently and with help from this forum have got it working, unfortunately for whatever reason if I reset the Microcontroller (set BOOT0 to 0, and RESET to 0 then 1) and then attempt to go in to Bootloader mode again (set BOOT0 to 1, and RESET to 0 then 1) I cannot get the Bootloader to respond to the intial 0x7F command and it means that I have to do a power cycle instead which is obviously not a great solution.

Is there anything really fundamental that I am missing here as it strikes me this should be a relatively problem free thing to do.

Thanks in advance for any responses,

Dave