Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeF1: Debugging USB customHID doesn't work

mk299
Associate III
Posted on January 27, 2016 at 20:40

Hello,

I've built the 'CustomHID_Standalone' example application for 'STM3210E_EVAL' and want to use it on an STM32F103C8. When I flash the application and connect the device via USB, everything works as expected.

But if I try to debug the very same application, the device doesn't enumerate although there's no breakpoint set. That means: I start a debug session that waits at the beginning of 'main', then I let it run without any breakpoints set so the application is more or less in free-run, but with debugger connected. The device won't enumerate and it won't hit any breakpoint any more.

The same procedure leads to a completely different result on a STM32L151CB ('CustomHID_Standalone' for 'STM32L152D_EVAL'). The USB device enumerates even in a debug session and it hits breakpoints when set.

Can someone tell what is the difference and why behaves the F1 as it does?

Best regards,

Michael

#stm32cube-usb-hid-debug
1 REPLY 1
mk299
Associate III
Posted on February 06, 2016 at 13:04

Unfortunately I still have neither a solution nor an explanation for that behaviour. But in the meantime I have experienced the same in the DFU example: the L1 enumerates in a debug session while the F1 doesn't, although the USB core and class source codes are the same.