cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP OMNIVISION CAMERA 0V9655 or OV7675 or OV(anything)

johnjohn9102
Associate II
Posted on April 10, 2013 at 14:29

Hi.

I have the 

STM32F4DIS-CAM addon board for the STM32F4 Discovery. This addon comes with an OV9655 camera. I also have a OV7675 camera with the same connector and pinout.

I am unable to get either of these cameras to output anything less than their maximum resolution, so I cannot capture a frame within the RAM of my STM32F407VG.

If anybody has managed to do this, could you please let me know what you loaded into the cameras registers, and also what your clock configuration is? 

I would like an output of 320x240 with RGB565, I don't care about the frame rate or band filtering. 

The 

STM32F4DIS-CAM provides a 24MHz oscillator.

2 REPLIES 2
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on April 11, 2013 at 10:15

I have the BB and the LCD board, but not a CAM board - for exactly this reason.

But there are examples from Embest around, possibly they could help you. As they are rather big, I only have the ethernet, USB, and LCD ones.

As said, I never tried anything with this camera extension board, so I can't provide any specific help ...

johnjohn9102
Associate II
Posted on May 03, 2013 at 05:38

Thanks fm,

I was not able to find any Embest camera examples. I found a few source files for OV7675 Linux drivers but none which support QVGA, also they are full of what they refer to as 'magic' register settings.

My plan of action is to leave the camera in it's default power on state, capture and rescale chunks of the higher resolution image over a number of frames.

Regards,