cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage simultaneous I²C and RF data transfers ?

eyals111
Associate II
Posted on May 26, 2014 at 23:23

What is the recommended way to mange simultaneous I�C and RF data transfers with M24SR IC and 2 Host MCU & NFC Phone?

I have implemented mechanism with time Slice , so that each Host has time window to communicate with the M24SR , but still have some issues to resolve , such as the size of Time Slice , number of retry etc. 

if anyone has better idea i will appreciate very much .

#m24sr #session #rf #rf-session #gpo #i2c #i2c #m24sr
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anais GALLIGANI
Senior II
Posted on June 10, 2014 at 15:38

Hello ,

1)

Priority management will wait completion of RF command before shutting RF session  and open I2C  session .

2)

M24SR could only have two host families , one RF and one I2C and  management is performed between RF and I2C .

Playing with GPO in session mode you can imagine to have several I2C host  addressing the same M24SR

I hope this is helping you,

Best regards,

ST dynamic NFC/RFID tags e2e support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anais GALLIGANI
Senior II
Posted on June 02, 2014 at 11:59

Hello ,

M24SR was built around the session mechanism which can affect the communication to one or other protocol .

On top of that I2C has super user priority and  can cancel RF session if necessary  .

In conclusion best way to manage M24SR is to use the session mechanism .

Best Regards,

Have a nice day,

ST NFC/RFID dynamic tag e2e support

eyals111
Associate II
Posted on June 09, 2014 at 19:34

Thanks for the Quick Reply , few open issue :

1.If using I2C super user , it can kill ongoing RF Session this can lead to data corruption 

2.the Session mechanism force the M24SR to give the attention to the first Host that        

request to open session , it doesnt deal with multiple Host .

What i am asking for,  how to manage two Host Communicating with M24SR Periodically ?

Anais GALLIGANI
Senior II
Posted on June 10, 2014 at 15:38

Hello ,

1)

Priority management will wait completion of RF command before shutting RF session  and open I2C  session .

2)

M24SR could only have two host families , one RF and one I2C and  management is performed between RF and I2C .

Playing with GPO in session mode you can imagine to have several I2C host  addressing the same M24SR

Best regards,

ST dynamic NFC/RFID tags e2e support