cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Power board MB459 to IHM023V2

davef967
Associate II
Posted on July 09, 2014 at 04:41

All - to save you a bit of trouble, here is what I found when I migrated my existing power board (discontinued by ST) to the new IHM023V2 power board:

1) The connector pin-out to the STM32F10X-128K-EVAL is identical.

2) However, the polarity of the lower IGBT drive signals is inverted.  This requires a software change to the polarity of the timer1 outputs.

3) There is a flaw in the electrical design: the power bus requires high frequency decoupling at each of the bridge legs.  I used a 1uF, 200v ceramic cap across each of the 3 legs (drain of upper to source of lower; on the back of the board, right on the pins.  You may be able to go with a lower value at higher voltage but it NEEDs high frequency decoupling.  Not doing this will cause major EMI headaches.

4) The jumper documentation for W16 is wrong.  It is obvious by looking at the copper on the PCB.  This jumper controls the power to Hall sensors or encoder.

Other than that it seems to work.  

alohA, DaveF
1 REPLY 1
Gigi
Senior
Posted on July 14, 2014 at 11:53

Ciao DaveF

Thank you very much to share such kind of informations.

I want to add that in the STMC Workbench v4.0 example project is possible to find the setting for the IHM023V2 and in particular in the:

SDK40x-STM32100B-EVAL-IHM023V2-Shinano.stmc

that projet is based on STM32100B-EVAL but you can just copy the power stage parameters from that project to your.

Finally, may I ask you to change the subject replacing the code MB549 with the right one MB459? So it will be more easy found using web searching tools.

Again thanks

Ciao

Gigi