Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F0 Feedback

mayuresh_1011
Associate
Posted on June 09, 2012 at 04:41

Hi all,

Is it worth considering STM32F051C for a new project? It seems to fit perfectly in our requirements but I did not find any errata sheet on the website so I am not able to confirm that it is free from any bugs in the peripherals of my interest...especially I2C and IAP. The website says these parts are in high volume production and yet surprisingly, they do not have any errata sheet published. If someone has evaluated this chip, kindly give me some feedback.

Thanks,

Mayuresh

#stm32 #stm32f0
4 REPLIES 4
alok472
Associate II
Posted on June 09, 2012 at 08:48

as i understood, it has a newer I2c which can work upto 1Mbps !

Why worry for Errata, if you get a problem, you will always get a workaround as well !

Posted on June 09, 2012 at 13:42

This is mainly a user forum, if you want specific answers like this you should really go direct to your ST FAE or representative. The part is very new.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on June 09, 2012 at 13:44

''I did not find any errata sheet on the website so I am not able to confirm that it is free from any bugs''

But if you did find an errata sheet, how would that help?

Having an errata sheet is no guarantee that there aren't other bugs yet to be found and/or documented - is it?!
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on June 09, 2012 at 18:01

That's true, unfortunately. My company had such an experience - the errata sheet grew to about fivefold in size during the project.

While avoiding names, it was not a ST product...

If you followed the stm32f0 appearance more closely, even the datasheet is quite new. Especially the electrical data came late, weeks after the official release.

However, in large parts the f0 has inherited periphery from the M3 and M4 brothers, and should therefore relatively bug-free. The ARM Cortex is not at all a new field to ST, so I would not expect show-stopping bugs.

The bigger problem, at least for ST, is the placement in the market. The target market is very price sensitive, here are still ruling 8 Bit controllers with extremely diverse periphery mixes, significantly lower power consumption, and other features like EEPROM.