Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 Wifi

stefanskos9
Associate II
Posted on March 18, 2013 at 05:29

Hi All,

Im after adding WiFi capabilities to my PCB (either onboard chip or shield) for the STM32F4.

Basically the unit will need to connect to a network via DHCP and dump data from an SD card to the server. I'm using IAR workbench.

Does anyone know of a unit with good documentation / resource with code examples preferably for IAR? A range of protocols a/b/g/n is probably good.

I found this sagrad module (http://www.sagrad.com/), anyone used it?

Basically i'd like to get a popular unit with lots of resources rather than a cheap Chinese unit that noone uses and would have to spend hours creating my own libraries. So if anyone has any recommendations it would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance 🙂

#stm32-wifi
3 REPLIES 3
stefanskos9
Associate II
Posted on March 21, 2013 at 00:35

Anyone?

WiFi doesn't seem that popular for some reason... Is it a lot more complicated than just straight ethernet? Seen a few examples using external ethernet phy

John F.
Senior
Posted on March 21, 2013 at 09:12

You could look at, ''A designer’s guide to embedded Wi-Fi'' from Digi International. GS1500M from GainSpan. Products from Murata or Radicom. RN-171 from Roving Networks or the RTX4100 from RTX. Really - you need to put the leg-work in to find what suits your needs. It's not an STM32 question - is it?

stefanskos9
Associate II
Posted on March 22, 2013 at 03:57

It was only a STM question insofar-as I was after STM32 specific code examples with a particular wifi module to reduce development time. BTW this is just a hobby and not for a commercial product.

Anyway, thanks for the list of modules. Gonna give the RN-171 a try - looks pretty easy to use as is does all the TCP/IP stack onboard, and all I need to do is send data via usart - I can handle that. Also the price is good 🙂

Cheers