Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is stm32cubemx v4.8 a beta?

tarzan2
Associate II
Posted on July 01, 2015 at 17:05

Hello,

Since I had only bugs with previous versions, I have updated the cubeMX package. It produce the same bug in all following configurations :

- cubeMX + IAR

- cubeMX + SW4

- cubeMX as eclipse plugin + SW4

Create a new project, STM32F405 for instance, use ADC, click on ''generate code'' and try to compile.

1/- WHY does the *.ioc is copied in a subfolder ? Which one must be used later ?

2/- The adc.c/adc.h files are placed in the scr/inc folders (that's the only good news) BUT when compiling gcc reports ''adc.h not found''

Other bug :

3/-''File/save project as'' (or associated icons) sometime opens the ''settings'' window and sometime opens the ''save as'' windows (randomly).

Thank you

#worst-forum-software-ever
10 REPLIES 10
Posted on July 01, 2015 at 19:42

Is that like asking if it's bug free, or something?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
nesrine
Senior
Posted on July 02, 2015 at 16:03

Hello,

1- Do you mean that there are 2 locations for .ioc file?

2- Are you facing a compilation issue with IAR?

3-''3/-''File/save project as'' (or associated icons) sometime opens the ''settings'' window and sometime opens the ''save as'' windows (randomly)'' if you can clarify this point.

Syrine

chrif
Associate II
Posted on July 02, 2015 at 16:48

Hi,

First of all, stm32cubemx v4.8 is an official version and not a beta one.

Second, I generated a new project with IAR and Atollic (because I don't have SW4STM32 installed), and I didn't have neither *.ioc duplicated nor error compilation with gcc.

Third I didn't have a problem with saving projects also.

Regards

Hello,

1- Do you mean that there are 2 locations for .ioc file?

2- Are you facing a compilation issue with IAR?

3-''3/-''File/save project as'' (or associated icons) sometime opens the ''settings'' window and sometime opens the ''save as'' windows (randomly)'' if you can clarify this point.

Syrine

tarzan2
Associate II
Posted on July 02, 2015 at 17:34

(thanks to notepad++ and CTRL+C/CTRL+V shortcuts. Does the ST forum developers work on a gameboy or why the message box is 85chars * 4 lines ?)

1/double ioc file.

1- I took the ioc file from my associate

2- Put it into a new, fresh and empty folder

3- click ''generate code'' => the code is placed in a subfolder, and a second ioc file was placed in this subfolder. It looks to be a copy of the original ioc file

4- regenerating code from the first ioc don't works anymore (cubeMX freeze)

5- generating code from the second ioc sometimes works :

- the code is sometime placed in the subfolder

- the code is sometime placed in the first folder

- library (adc.c/h, spi.c/h, sdio.c.h...) are sometime missing 

- this is absolutely not cool (since 3 days I spent more time debuging cubeMX than my own project)

2/ '' Are you facing a compilation issue with IAR?'' => YES, and SW4STM32 gives the same problems => the errors come from cumeMX.

3/ 

1- look the icons with 2 floppy drives. According to international standards this icons should be ''save as...''. The infotext is good. Click on this icons and you will see the settings windows.

2- Idem with File/save project as

3- I *PROMISE* you that yesterday I opened an old project and ''file/save as'' works differently than today. (the ''save as'' command opened the ''save as'' windows)

Posted on July 02, 2015 at 17:43

Does the ST forum developers work on a gameboy or why the message box is 85chars * 4 lines ?

No it just uses a polished turd from the Microsoft collection, it's like they wanted to join the forum software market 20+ years late, and paid no attention to how stuff could/should work, and found a way to integrate Word(tm) in a fashion that doesn't work on mobile devices, because who uses those in 2015?
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
tarzan2
Associate II
Posted on July 03, 2015 at 18:49

Yesterday night I found a code generation without bug (with all files included). 

Today I have to add the sd/fatfs, so, I have to regenerate code with cubeMX. Each time I regenerate code (without any modification of the configuration), the files generated are not the same. The only thing that don't change, is that there is at least one missing file, it can be :

- gpio.h

- spi.h

- spi.c

- fatfs.c

- bsp_driver_sd.h

When clicking several time on ''generate'' on the left screen, I see the files (and file number) changing in the inc/ or scr/ folders on the right screen. But when spi.h is present, gpio.c is missing or vice-versa. Obviously the code is never compilable.

It is definitely obvious that I am not be the only guy on this planet to have bugs with cubeMX. 

I hope ST will quiclky solve theses bugs, without introducing new bugs, because I'm not any longer an hobbyist.
stuk
Associate II
Posted on July 06, 2015 at 09:01

I've similar problem, i solved becouse i've an old .ioc file (for old i mean a backup version before upgrade to 4.8.0). This works perfect.

tarzan2
Associate II
Posted on July 06, 2015 at 10:38

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the provided URL to read the original post. https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I6qX&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bwe%2FQotq1asjLHqxPrU386dy8APlCSr8JSyZLdb2wxguiZw&asPdf=false
stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on July 17, 2015 at 15:17

Hello,

Please upgrade to version CubeMX 4.9 and you will not see the duplicate .ioc file problem anymore.

STM32CubeMX manages two types of projects through the .ioc configuration file:

- Pinout configuration only project (mainly used by board designers). In this case, Save As window opens.

- Pinout and Code generation projects (used by embedded application developer). In this case, the Project Settings window open so that you can choose code & project generation specific settings.

Best regards