cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STVD MCU Selection List Empty

tony239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on March 04, 2013 at 21:14

Was using STVD successfully for a couple of projects on two different machines.  One machine is still working fine. 

I cannot create a new project targeting either the Raisonance Tool Chain, or any other tool chain (assembly only included) because in all cases, the MCU Selection List is Empty. 

Have reinstalled versions 4.3.1 and 4.3.3 several times.  I can compile with Raisonance using an old project where the MCU is still selected, but cannot link because the -P option for rlstm8 is not present (the -P option is there on the machine that works, and without it, the Raisonance linker complains about the demo period being over).

I have noticed that after reinstalling, all my recent lists are still present in the ide as well as several other options selected while running.  I'm guessing that the inability to load the mcu list is related to not completely reinstalling the IDE from scratch so if anyone knows how to clean a system from all files related to STVD, please help me out.  Have tried cleaning the registry of all things related to STVD, but no luck.

Latest installer log :

Setup launched on 3-4-2013 at 13:51:58

Script version not found: ignored

First setup mode

Platform 5.1 - intel processor

Processing password: standard tools

ExecMachineName=Version 4.3.1

PATH modified for ASM toolchain

parport service stopped: no driver installed for parallel port

Launched ''C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\st_toolset\stvp\STTubDriver\STTSLink_Install.bat

MFC redistribution not necessary (already present).

Setup ends successfully

#stvd
3 REPLIES 3
tony239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on March 06, 2013 at 16:17

Machine A (still working) install log :

Setup launched on 7-6-2012 at 14:41:58

First setup mode

ExecMachineName=Version 4.3.1

Launched ''C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\st_toolset\stvp\STTubDriver\STTSLink_Install.bat

Redistributing MFC 4053

MFC redistribution done.

Setup ends successfully

Machine B (stopped working) install log :

Setup launched on 3-5-2013 at 12:49:04

First setup mode

ExecMachineName=Version 4.3.3

MFC redistribution not necessary (already present).

Setup ends successfully

Machine C (never worked) install log :

Setup launched on 3-5-2013 at 20:18:15

First setup mode

ExecMachineName=Version 4.3.3

Redistributing MFC 4053

MFC redistribution done.

Setup ends successfully

tony239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on March 06, 2013 at 18:02

A possible clue :

on machines that don't work, stvdebug.exe is using :

msvcp80.dll    Microsoft C++ Runtime Library    Microsoft Corporation    8.0.50727.6195

msvcr80.dll    Microsoft C Runtime Library    Microsoft Corporation    8.0.50727.6195

and on machine that does, stvdebug.exe is using :

MSVCP80.dll    Microsoft C++ Runtime Library    Microsoft Corporation    8.0.50727.4053

MSVCP90.dll    Microsoft C++ Runtime Library    Microsoft Corporation    9.0.30729.4974

MSVCR80.dll    Microsoft C Runtime Library    Microsoft Corporation    8.0.50727.4053

MSVCR90.dll    Microsoft C Runtime Library    Microsoft Corporation    9.0.30729.4974

So possibly a 4053 vs 6195 issue?

tony239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on March 06, 2013 at 21:03

So for devilment, I pulled the 6195 versioned dlls off the machine that didn't work hoping it would revert to the 4053 versions.  Tried without a fresh uninstall/reinstall, and it wouldn't run at all (still looking for the 6195 versions), uninstalled, then reinstalled, and although install was successful, it still wouldn't run until I replaced the 6195 dlls.  There must be something that ties stvdebug.exe to the 6195 versions during install that is skipped on subsequent installs. 

Oh well, spent much too much time on this already so I tried out a nearby Win8 machine.  Seems to not have the same problem, so I'll come out better buying a new machine than spending another couple of days trying to figure this out.