Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPS331AP Data ready asserting sporadically

gregg
Associate II
Posted on February 20, 2014 at 20:35

Hello Folks,

Not sure where else to post this as there doesn't seem to be any subcategory for pressure sensors in the sensors category, so I'm posting it here, please forgive any offense on that count.

0690X00000605TWQAY.png

We've been working with the LPS331AP on a couple of designs and only on a recent board spin have we noticed this issue on a number of units.  The circuit we're using is identical to that detailed in the datasheet.  The device is configured in I2C communications mode, with the resolution set to 0.025 mbar, the internal averaging for both temp and pressure set to 1, continuous mode rates set for 25 Hz for both temperature and pressure, and both Interrupt pins configured as data ready interrupts.  

The problem we're having is that the data ready pulse does not fire consistently (see attached picture), so while it will operate at the correct rate periodically, it will frequently miss pulses.  Comparing a unit with identical register configurations (which works correctly) with another unit which does not shows no apparent electrical differences from a circuit standpoint nor any from a configuration register standpoint.

I'm really scratching my head as to what might be causing this and I was hoping that someone might have some idea if what could be causing the issue.  

Any ideas or relevant experiences with this part that folks could share would be much appreciated.

Thanks kindly in every case.

Regards,

Gregg     

#lps331ap-data-ready-asserting-sp
2 REPLIES 2
mary_west
Associate
Posted on April 08, 2014 at 19:22

Hi Gregg,

Did you ever get a response concerning your LPS331AP issue?  I'm seeing a similar problem with a few of my LPS331APs.

Thanks,

Mary

maurizio23
Associate II
Posted on February 06, 2015 at 18:31

Hello,

my ST FAE suggest to move to LPS25H because They can't solve the problem concerning INT Data Ready output that I have. I spent lot of weeks to optimize the code and quadrature compensation and IRR Filter routines... time waste.

Now I'm starting with LPS25H evaluation STEVAL.... I hope I will be better.