Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H7 silicon bug?

Franzi.Edo
Senior
Posted on January 19, 2018 at 18:01

Dear All,

I try to write to the community with the hope that ST can read this message.

I am facing to a problem concerning the usart2 of the new H743. I suspect a silicon bug!

As soon as I stress a bit the communications handled by the usart2 (reception) after a while I have an hardfalut exception. It is difficult to give you more information because the stack is also corrupted and all the debug tools does not help.

Now, this happens only with the stm32H743IIK6 (silicon revision 7BA7R VQ). The same software running on other variants of the same CPU works perfectly. I successfully tried the usart2 on the Nucleo-144 (stm32H743ZI silicon revision 7B744 VQ).

I submitted the technical problem to ST last December; so, today I newer received neither an acknowledge nor a feedback.

Does anyone noticed the same problem ?

Best regards

Edo

1 REPLY 1
Posted on January 19, 2018 at 18:21

The forum is in a somewhat broken state, but you have successfully posted this twice.

Disable caches or prefetch options. Instrument the snot out of the Hard Fault Handler so the system can decompose the state out the serial port sans debugger.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..