cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inemo V1 communication protocol

lemegeton777
Associate
Posted on August 02, 2012 at 06:13

I have the problem with usage STEVAL-MKI062V1 evaluation board. My task is to develop the linux program, which read the information from inemo V1 sensors. I can't find the V1 board communication protocol in the Internet. The board answers nothing in attempts to write down in COM port a connect sequence according to the V2 communication protocol. According to what protocol can I work with a board?

2 REPLIES 2
dannym
Associate II
Posted on August 03, 2012 at 20:30

I know it is not what you asked, but I'd suggest that you get a V2.  The V1 is deprecated to be a ''Not Recommended For New Design'' now.  Even if you were to get the V1 working, your work would be of limited value because it's geared towards an obsolete part.  But even the V2 is now NRND too, and it's expensive as well.

Do you do STM32 programming, or just Linux?  The STEVAL-MKI108V2 is a bare module with the accelerometer, gyro, and magneometer sensors, which are the ''important'' ones.  Output is I2C, and also presents the DataReady signals if you want to use those.

If you request the ''iNemo Lite'' code, you can code a solution for the STM32 using any output protocol you wish.  But you'll need a compiler toolchain and programmer for the STM32 (an STM32 demo board already has the programmer onboard, preferably get the STM32F4 because you need the FPU).

gianluca23
Associate
Posted on September 27, 2012 at 23:12

Hi Nickolay,

have you founded a suitable linux module or driver to talk with the board ? The usbserial doesn't work at all

Thanks in advance.