cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic - starting project for stm32F1 from scratch w/ Ride7

danielblesener9
Associate II
Posted on April 16, 2013 at 01:27

I have created many projects using Ride7 for the STM32F1, but I always have started with example projects from ST. I need to start from scratch.

I simply created a project, and only added stm32f10x_rcc.h and .c partner.  Since I am using the default script and start file, I figured the start should be as easy as settings a few clocks. I am getting the error message ''W:\Public\Dan\Actuator Testing Design\Firmware\700-1221 Relay Testing Board Rev1.00\Relay Testing Board Rev 1.00.elf: file not recognized: File truncated''

Also, above that the end of the line says nostartfiles.

I am sure the start files and script files exist though. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on April 16, 2013 at 02:10

Not a Ride user, but you should perhaps check the .MAP file and see how that contrasts to working projects. Make sure it's pulling in startup_stm32f1xx.s (or equivalent), and it has a vector table.

Generally when making new projects you have to make sure the compiler has a list of include directory paths (-I), and preprocessor defines (-D). These kinds of things can be specified at a project or file level, but usually hidden within the metadata of the project file itself. If the tools can generate a makefile, compare/contrast those between working/non-working examples.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
danielblesener9
Associate II
Posted on April 16, 2013 at 20:40

Perfect! Problem solved, thanks much!